When it comes to sarees, there is nothing as elegant and classy as silk. We all have loved Rekhaji and Vidhya Balan in bright silk sarees. Be it Kanjivaram, Tussar or Banarasi, silk is the perfect fabric for any occasion. It never goes over the top and never fails to leave a lasting impression.
When it comes to blouse designs, not much experimentation is preferred with silk sarees. Saree blouse plays a major role in the overall look. It can bring out the elegance in the saree and make a simple silk saree look stunning. Your search for the perfect blouse design ends here.
Here is a list of top 10 contemporary blouse designs that you should try with your traditional silk saree.
- Threadwork blouses : Blouse pattern with traditional threadwork in gold and silver goes perfectly well with a heavy traditional silk saree. Though contrast thread work in any color can be tried to pair with the saree. Threadwork blouses with a combination of two or three colors can be paired which go well with the saree. For example, pink, red and green threadwork on a blouse will look beautiful with a light pink or off white silk saree. You can have a criss cross or a beautiful pattern on threadwork in the blouse.
- Sheer yoke blouses : A sheer yoke blouse design has sheer attached at the top and over the shoulder, making it see through. It can be beautifully combined with heavy embroidery or gota. The sheer makes sure that the entire blouse does not look over the top. Sheer yoke blouses look sophisticated when paired with a silk saree. Sheer is the most preferred blouse fabric these days.
- Sheer sleeve blouses : Depending on your body shape, you can try a sheer yoke or a sheer sleeve blouse. If you are not comfortable with a sheer yoke, the sheer sleeve blouse is the one for you. The blouse will have sheer on its sleeve and you can ooze confidently with the beauty of the piece. You can have a sheer blouse in bright raw silk. The latest blouse design includes a full sleeved sheer blouse with a bright colored saree.
- Brocade blouses : Brocade blouses are usually worn with traditional silk sarees. They are preferred because brocade as a blouse fabric definitely makes the saree look heavier. Easy to carry off and easier to combine with the saree. Combine a red and gold brocade blouse with a golden silk saree. You can never go wrong with this one.
- Arm band blouses: The arm band blouse has a square neck which is very perfectly made. It can be combined with a sheer sleeve or a tie back. The arm band has a specific shape in the front and can be made as per requirement for the back. For an arm band blouse, a beautiful back like sheer or tie back will do wonders.
- Two fabric blouses : Two fabric blouses are in trend these days. Other than the crop tops, two fabric blouses are noticed a lot. In a two fabric blouse you choose two fabrics, one for the body and one for the sleeve and combine them to make a gorgeous blouse. Quite similar to a sheer sleeve blouse, except for the sheer. Although it is difficult to match the two fabrics hence a perfect combination should be chosen. The two fabrics should complement each other in every way, be it the color, work or the pattern.
- Tie back blouses : Tie back blouses are all about oomph and hotness. They look sexy and go so well with a traditional saree. In a tie back blouse you combine a traditional saree with a modern contemporary blouse. Tie back can be in the way you want. You can have an open back blouse with the tie back at the lower end or you can have a boat neck silhouette with a double tie back. The front can be simple with the attention and detailing shown at the back.
- Cutwork blouses : Cutwork blouses are traditional blouses which show their own elegance. A cutwork blouse in any color can be embellished to go with a traditional silk saree. The cut work can be in gold and silver combined with the color of your saree. Cutwork blouses look traditional as well as sexy.
- Mirrorwork blouses: Mirror work blouses are done with design patterns which are embroidered on fabric in different shapes and sizes of mirrors. Mirror work can be embroidered on the sleeves or the neck.
- Boat Neck blouses: A boat neck blouse has a perfect shape of a boat in the front and it can be custom made as per the requirements for the back. It looks formal as well as classy. You can experiment with the blouse fabric to make your very own boat neck blouse.
This is only an illustrative list of the blouses you could pair up with the traditional silk sarees. You can choose from a wide array of blouse fabrics online and custom design your blouse. These are only a few of the latest blouse designs which you can combine and complement with the saree. Customise your own here – www.houseofblouse.com.